Connect with us

Formula1

Force India rescued by Lawrence Stroll

Published

on

Force India rescued by Lawrence Stroll

The Force India F1 team were today rescued from administration by Lawrence Stroll led group of investors.

Force India’s administration began just two weeks ago amid strong financial problems ahead of the Hungarian Grand Prix.

But with the new takeover by the Stroll-led group supported by Force India’s senior management, the team will further racing when the F1 season resumes at the Belgian GP at the end of the month with all 405 jobs saved.

With a guaranteed outgoing funding, all the creditors of the team will get full payment.
In addition to Stroll, the group consists of Canadian entrepreneur Andre Desmarais, fashion business leader John Idol, Jonathan Dudman of Monaco Sports and Management, financial expert Michael de Picciotto, telecommunications investor John McCaw Jr, and Stroll’s business partner Silas Chou.

Force India operations chief, Otmar Szafnauer, said the outcome of the new takeover will secure the future of the Force India team in Formula 1 and will allow their racers to compete to their full potential.

The director continued saying he was happy that they have the support of a group of investors who believe in them as a team for they gave sighted the business potential that Force India has within F1 now and in the future.

Read more: Haas To Arrange Test For IndyCar Driver Fittipaldi

One of the administrator Geoff Rowley made his contribution by saying that the company was owning will be paid in full, all jobs will be kept and the team will get significant financial support to invest in its future.

Force India, are presently sixth in the Constructors’ Championship this season. But the team finished fourth last season.

Loading...

Formula 1

Lewis Hamilton wins the Japanese GP

Published

on

Lewis Hamilton wins the Japanese GP

Lewis Hamilton has propelled himself into touching distance to win a fifth world championship after winning the Japanese GP, following another mistake by Sebastian Vettel, his title rival.

Hamilton is just two weeks away from clinching the championship with victory

at the United States GP.

While Vettel’s season has become ragged since the summer break, Hamilton’s form has been sublime, and Vettel find himself guilty again for a serious error when he crashed into Max Verstappen error during the race.

Vettel hit the side of Verstappen’s car, in an over-aggressive bid to overtake move on the Red Bull. The Suzuka stewards who investigated the incident, chose not to penalised the German, instead was mindful of the damage done to the Ferrari driver who returned to the fray in last place.

While commenting on the incident, Sky Sports F1 pundit Paul di Resra said he cannot believe the mistakes from Vettel, saying the Ferrari driver only has himself to blame for such mistake.

Given that Verstappen was already hit with a five-seconds penalty which was to serve at his first pit-stop for tangling with Kimi Raikkonen, Vettel’s error was all the more daunting one.

The Red Bull driver, Verstappen was penalised for running in an unsafe manner, following his banging of wheels with Raikkonen.

Vettel’s has been subject of reoccurring mistakes through the season.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Formula 1

Lewis Hamilton’s outstanding Singapore GP pole and victory is a manifestation why he is the best

Published

on

Lewis Hamilton’s outstanding Singapore GP pole and victory is a manifestation why he is the best

Until Saturday evening it looked unlikely. In the turbo hybrid era, Singapore has always been a shocker of a track for Mercedes even with their post-2014 dominance of Formula One.

Despite this year appeared a little better but there was still indication that Ferrari were running away with it in qualifying.

Although Lewis Hamilton emerged victorious last year at the Marina Bay Street Circuit, but it was an unexpected victory achieved with the help of the elimination of front three cars on the very first lap.

It was obvious in the second part of qualifying the Mercedes driver was only 0.15 seconds away from the leading Kimi Raikkonen of Ferrari.

But the look on the face of Toto Wolff, his Mercedes team principal as the British finished first with an astonishing lap revealed a lot. Wolff was full of joy.

On a Saturday night in Singapore, it was Hamilton’s skill that was making round in totality, and nothing more.

The race on Sunday in terms of Tyre and pace management, was a much simpler – and duller but the the hard work from the driver was done in qualifying was great.

Since the British Grand Prix in July, Wolff was aware that Ferrari have had the quickest package in place. He was fully aware of the fact that his team have find it difficult to reduce the Scuderia’s raw pace advantage.

Yet, he Wolff also knows that their rival and their driver, Sebastian Vettel have failed to capitalise on this, part of which is through errors and part was through Hamilton’s brilliance.

That was the same thing that happened in Singapore, as under pressure Ferrari made errors out of their strategy both in qualifying and the race.

MORE: Hamilton Beats Vettel

But Vettel would had taken pole if Ferrari aced their qualifying strategy. But that is doubtful when someone like Hamilton is take such lap.

With Hamilton now won four race period, Vettel has won just once in a five race. The Mercedes driver only dropped seven points, to leave his rivals on the brink of defeat.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Formula 1

We are unbeatable on track, that’s why rivals are complaining – Haas 

Published

on

We are unbeatable on track, that’s why rivals are complaining – Haas

Haas boss Gunther Steiner says because its Formula 1 rivals cannot be it on track, they have now seek to use legal means to try to stop its charge.

Haas was removed from the the sixth place finish as his floor was riled illegally by the FIA, following Renault protest the Romain Grosjean’s car after the conclusion of the Italian Grand Prix.

But Haas is adamant it didn’t engaged in anything wrong, and has taking the case to the FIA’s International Court of Appeal.

Haas has now been moved back behind Renault in the constructors’ championship after its points were deducted. But Haas boss Steiner clearly understood why his most closed competitor has acted.

Speaking in a team preview Steiner said he wouldn’t expect such, but sometimes people react in such was. He said this when asked if the recent controversy was an expected one or mere coincidence.

MORE: Hamilton Beats Vettel

He further said what’s really happening is that rivals tries to beat you in court if they cannot beat you on the track. Hard work will surely earned you envies. We would surely work hard for it and fight even more, said Steiner.

It’s always inevitable that take remove political action away from track, suggested by Steiner amid a close battle between teams.

The Haas boss still believes the team will not relent in its effort to overhaul Renault, despite being faced with additional complication in the next week’s Appeal Court hearing in Paris.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Formula 1

Ferrari Driver Vettel Fine With Stewards Calls For Not Penalising In Hamilton Clash At Monza

Published

on

Ferrari Driver Vettel Fine With Stewards Calls For Not Penalising In Hamilton Clash At Monza

Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel was fine with the stewards decision to take his clash with Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton at Monza as a racing incident.

In the Lap 1 of the 2018 F1 Italian Grand Prix in Monza, both drivers came together when Vettel was making an inside move on Kimi Raikkonen who’s his Ferrari teammate, an event which Hamilton used in the right-hander to take the outside line.

As the Vettel tried to fight Hamilton, the Mercedes driver made the move stick on the exit.

The two of them had contact as Vettel was sent into a spin as he dropped dead last, after having a front wing damage and was force to pit.

Even though Hamilton too had the left of his car damaged, he was able to continue on without difficulties.

However, investigation was conducted on the incident but the stewards saw it as a racing incident and this was believed to be by Vettel.

Speaking after the race, Vettel said he was delight that there was no decision from the stewards because it is racing.

MORE: Speed Does Not Determine Win – Hamilton

He believes everyone is there to race. It’s obvious Hamilton took a lot of risk and even though it didn’t work for me, it did work for him.

Vettel who described the incident as unfortunate insist he had no where to go and he was sort of squeezed.

For me to touch and spin around, received damage ang then move back of the field was unlucky for me, he added.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Formula 1

Hamilton at peak of career – Rosberg 

Published

on

Hamilton at peak of career – Rosberg

In recent races, Ferrari’s front-row lockout and superior speed had made them big favourites to win the Sunday’s race, but in a sensational style Lewis Hamilton turned the tables at Monza as he races passed Vettel on the first lap and over took Kimi Raikkonen to win in an unexpected way.

Hamilton’s former teammate and title rival Nico Rosberg lauded his sensational performance at the Italian Grand Prix.

The 2016 world champion said it was an epic drive from Lewis.

Rosberg said this kind of performance is the reason why Hamilton is considered to be one of the best of all time.

Using an inferior car to win a race today, he demonstrated his worth, said Rosberg.

He started well, and it doesn’t get better that that, as he got Sebastian, which handed him to have a big mistake, and then got Kimi.

“Hamilton is surely at the peak of his career because he is driving phenomenally, Rosberg added.

Ast Saturday, Ferrari driver Vettel cut Hamilton’s title lead to 17 points winning the Belgian title, but with seven races to go, the Englishman is now leading with 30 points.

MORE: 2018 F1 Title Still Up For Grabs – Vettel

In the crucial moment here in Monza he has done a great job and has delivered such a blow towards Ferrari at their home race, where they were favourites to win at home.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Formula 1

Nico Rosberg deliver factual point after Vettel Hamilton collide at the Italian GP

Published

on

Nico Rosberg deliver factual point after Vettel Hamilton collide at the Italian GP

Following Sebastian Vettel failure to utilize a big chance for victory which ended on collision at the Italian Grand Prix, Nico Rosberg had stern words for the Ferrari driver.

On Sunday, the Scuderia appeared to give their adoring Tifosi a first home win since 2010, but the German’s chances were ended following his collision with Mercedes driver, Lewis Hamilton at the second chicane, with just two kilometres remaining.

There was normal racing for Rosberg as he line into the tight left, right combination but the Ferrari driver was a bit ahead when the two entered side-by-side.

But it was Hamilton ghat swept ahead as he was able to carry more speed, but was hit in the side by the Vettel.

Normally, in a situation like that, Hamilton would have been found to be spun around, instead, it was Vettel who was behind and a pit-stop was required for repairs before finishing fourth afterwards.

However, the 31-year-old is still purely frustrated after the incident, was Lewis’ fault.

I didn’t have a gap when I tried to pass Kimi because HD had opened the brakes and I didn’t want to try something silly so I had to withdraw.

MORE: 2018 F1 Title Still Up For Grabs – Vettel

Lewis didn’t leave me any chance, but he saw a little bit around the outside.

He added that he had no other choice but to make contact by running into him. I could not get out from there, he added.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Trending

Skip to toolbar