Connect with us

Chelsea

Batshuayi set for Chelsea return

Published

on

Batshuayi set for Chelsea return

Belgium international striker Michy Batshuayi is set to return to Chelsea this January as Spanish La Liga side Valencia confirmed they are in the process to cut his loan short.

The sporting director of the Spanish side confirmed this afternoon that Batshuayi would be heading back to Stamford Bridge at a press conference on Thursday.

Mateu Alemany said that negotiations over the termination of Batshuayi’s loan deal were ongoing.

He came in for criticism from Valencia boss Marcelino after Batshuayi suffered a nightmare 45 minutes when his side were knocked out of the Copa del Rey 2-1 by Sporting Gijon on Tuesday.
“I think we have to get in some strikers. I’ve clearly run out of patience with certain individuals,” Marcelino said after the defeat.

“We could have gone in front in the first minute. It was the best opportunity I have seen us create for six months. If you can’t even get a shot in on target you are not fit to play in the Primera Liga for Valencia.

The Belgian who featured his country’s national team at the 2018 World Cup has scored only three goals in 23 appearances for Valencia in all competitions this season.

Chelsea

Everton Eyeing Permanent Transfer For Chelsea Striker

Published

on

Everton Eyeing Permanent Transfer For Chelsea Striker

Merseyside club Everton are said to be plotting a permanent transfer for Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi ahead of the second half of the season.

Batshuayi has reportedly given his words to Monaco about joining them on loan in the current January transfer window but Belgian newspaper HLN claim that the Blues are still hopeful of a permanent transfer for him with Everton and West Ham keen on a move.

Michy Batshuayi is surplus to requirements at Chelsea upon his return from Spanish La Liga giants Valencia despite the inability to find the back of the net regularly on the part of the other Chelsea strikers.

The 25-year-old had earlier joined Valencia on a season-long loan at the start of last season only for his loan spell to be cut short at the halfway stage earlier this month due to non-performance.

He scored three goals only in 20 appearances for Valencia in all competitions before his exit.

Michy Batshuayi would be happy to link up with Monaco manager Thierry Henry at the club.

Henry was the assistant manager in the Belgian national team setup before his appointment as the Monaco manager in October.

Monaco are struggling in the French Ligue 1 with the team currently second from bottom on the table.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Striker Fuels Chelsea Transfer Rumours For THIS Reason

Published

on

Striker Fuels Chelsea Transfer Rumours For THIS Reason

Argentine striker Gonzalo Higuain has fuelled transfer rumourslinking him with a move to Stamford Bridge outfit Chelsea in the current transfer window.

Higuain, 31, missed an AC Milan event earlier on Wednesday to further boost talks about a transfer away from the Rossoneri.

Gonzalo Higuain is on a season-long loan at the San Siro from Juventus with an option to make the transfer a permanent one in the summer for €36m.

AC Milan paid a whooping €18m to sign the former Real Madrid and River Plate star on loan at the start of the season.

The Argentinian international was deemed surplus to requirements at Juventus last summer with the arrival of Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo.

The 2016 European Championship winner joined the Old Lady for a club-record fee of around €100m.

Earlier this week, it was revealed that Gonzalo Higuain has requested for his loan move to AC Milan to be terminated.

AC Milan manager Gennaro Gattuso also confirmed at the weekend that the player doesn’t want to continue his playing career at the San Siro amidst intense Chelsea transfer rumours.

Higuain started his AC Milan striker very well with six goals in seven games but he has not been able to maintain that good form.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Chelsea Striker Surprisingly Makes Barcelona Shortlist

Published

on

Chelsea Striker Surprisingly Makes Barcelona Shortlist

Chelsea star Olivier Giroud has surprisingly been named on the transfer shortlist of strikers for Spanish La Liga champions Barcelona.

Barcelona are in need of a backup striker for the in-form Luis Suarez after Munir El-Haddadi was allowed to join fellow Spanish team Sevilla for a bargain fee of around €1.5m.

His exit has left a big hole that Barcelona want to fill up ahead of the second half of the season.

Latest reports claim that the Spanish giants are keen for the 2018 World Cup winner to replace Munir.

Girona forward and Uruguayan international player Christian Stuani has also been mentioned as a striker addition to the Barcelona squad.

Stuani has been in very good form for his Catalan club this season and he could link up with compatriot Luis Suarez at the club.

Chelsea are said to be open to the idea of letting one of their two strikers (Olivier Giroud and Alvaro Morata) leave the club this month with both players struggling to score consistently for the Blues.

The West London giants are keen on a move for AC Milan striker Gonzalo Higuain who’s on loan from Serie A rivals Juventus.

Higuain could replace either Giroud or Morata at the club.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Chelsea Increase Bid For Russia-based Midfielder To £36m

Published

on

Chelsea Increase Bid For Russia-based Midfielder To £36m

Former European champions Chelsea have increased their transfer bid for Zenit St. Petersburg midfielder Leandro Paredes.

The Blues are trying to boost their midfield options for the second half of the season with the Stamford Bridge outfit still active in all four competitions.

According to the publication from Daily Star, the Blues have upped their bid to £36m for the Argentine international.

Chelsea had initially made an offer of £27m for Paredes which was rejected by his Russian club Zenit St. Petersburg.

The West London giants have identified Argentine midfielder Leandro Paredes as a midfield transfer target.

Chelsea are depleted in midfield following the departure of Cesc Fabregas last week.

Spanish international star Fabregas swapped the Blues for AS Monaco to link up with former teammate Thierry Henry.

Henry and Fabregas were teammates at Arsenal before the former left North London for Spanish La Liga giants Barcelona.

Thierry Henry is the Monaco manager and he’s battling to save the team from suffering relegation with the French Ligue 1 giants second bottom on the league table at the halfway point of the season.

Cesc Fabregas made his debut for Monaco at the weekend in a French Ligue 1 clash with Marseille.

MORE: Chelsea Slaps £100M Transfer Fee On Talismanic Player

The 2014 FIFA World Cup winner played for the entire duration of the game to help his new team to a 1-1 draw away from home.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Man City Join Race To Sign Chelsea-Linked Player

Published

on

Man City Join Race To Sign Chelsea-Linked Player

English champions Manchester City have joined the race to sign Napoli midfielder Allan with reports claiming that the Citizens want to boost their midfield options with his transfer.

The interest of Manchester City in Allan was confirmed by Italian transfer news outlet Tuttomercatoweb.

Allan was formerly linked with a move to 2012 Champions League winners Chelsea last summer when the Blues appointed Maurizio Sarri as the club’s manager.

Italian tactician Sarri replaced Antonio Conte in the summer of 2018 after putting pen to paper on a three-year deal.

Allan thrived in the Napoli midfield under Maurizio Sarri alongside fellow midfielders Jorginho and Marek Hamsik.

Italian international midfielder Jorginho followed Sarri to Chelsea from Napoli in a £57m transfer but Allan stayed in Naples.

Manchester City are almost certain to sign a long-term replacement for the ageing Fernandinho in the summer and Allam could be a major candidate to replace his compatriot at the end of his career with the Citizens.

Other midfielders have also been linked with Manchester City.

Midfield players such as Frenkie De Jong of Ajax Amsterdam and the Netherlands; Ruben Neves of Wolverhampton Wanderers and Portugal as well as Declan Rice of West Ham United and England have all been linked with a transfer to Manchester City.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Alvaro Morata undecided over moves to Barcelona or Atletico Madrid

Published

on

Alvaro Morata undecided over moves to Barcelona or Atletico Madrid

Chelsea striker and Spain international, Alvaro Morata has been linked with moves away from Chelsea in the ongoing January transfer window.

The Spaniard is struggling with limited playing chances under coach Maurizio Sarri after a poor spell this season.

Chelsea have agreed to sell him but first they need to get a replacement with Gonzola Higuain set to join them before the end of January.

Alvaro Morata has been linked with moves to Sevilla, Atletico Madrid and Barcelona in the Spanish La Liga.

However, of the three Spanish clubs, Sevilla have dropped out of the race to sign him owing to his high transfer price.

Alvaro Morata is now caught between a move to one of Barcelona or Atletico Madrid.

The two Spanish are capable of meeting his transfer price demand but he has to consider playing chances.

It is very certain that Alvaro Morata will find it hard to make it to the Catalans squad because the club is star-studded.

And since Barca are only signing him to play a backup role to Suarez, it would be hard to get enough playing chances at Camp Nou.

A move to Atletico Madrid is far more promising.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Petr Cech can return to Chelsea as an Ambassador or a Coach

Published

on

Petr Cech can return to Chelsea as an Ambassador or a Coach?

Barely a few days after the Petr Cech announced that he will retire at the end of this campaign.

A new report has however made it known that Chelsea can look for means to lure him back to Stamford Bridge.

According to the report, the Blues might offer their former goalie an Ambassador role or a coaching job in their Academy.

But there are believes that Cech current club, Arsenal, can also look for means to keep him as a coach at Emirate Stadium.

In today’s Daily Mail, an article by Sami Mokbel said, “Chelsea will offer Petr Cech a route back to Stamford Bridge after the goalkeeper announced his retirement yesterday.

“The Arsenal keeper, who holds the Premier League’s all-time clean sheet record with 202, revealed that he will hang up his gloves at the end of the season after a medal-laden 20-year career. And Stamford Bridge chiefs are ready to make an approach to Cech to bring him back ‘home’.

MORE: Chelsea Reportedly Submit £30 Million Bid For Zenith’s Striker

“Chelsea would offer Cech an ambassadorial role or a coaching position, at the club’s academy. It remains to be seen whether the 36-year-old would be willing to accept such roles. The goalkeeper, widely recognised as one of the best of the Premier League era, has started his coaching badges with a view to a possible management career.”

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Argentine Striker Misses Milan Event To Fuel Chelsea Transfer Rumours

Published

on

Argentine Striker Misses Milan Event To Fuel Chelsea Transfer Rumours

Argentine international star Gonzalo Higuain has heightened transfer rumours about him moving to Chelsea during the ongoing January transfer window.

The 31-year-old missed out on an AC Milan event earlier on Wednesday and that has boosted transfer talks about an AC Milan exit.

Gonzalo Higuain is currently on a season-long loan at the San Siro from Juventus with the option to make his transfer a permanent one in the summer for €36m.

AC Milan paid a whooping €18m to sign the former Real Madrid and River Plate star on loan at the start of the season.

The Argentinian international was deemed surplus to requirements at Juventus last summer with the arrival of Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo.

The 2016 European Championship winner joined the Old Lady for a club-record fee of around €100m.

Earlier this week, it was revealed that Gonzalo Higuain has requested for his loan move to AC Milan to be terminated.

AC Milan manager Gennaro Gattuso also confirmed at the weekend that the player doesn’t want to continue his playing career at the San Siro amidst intense Chelsea transfer rumours.

Higuain started his AC Milan striker very well with six goals in seven games but he has not been able to maintain that good form.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

How Thierry Henry convinced Cesc Fabregas to leave Chelsea

Published

on

How Thierry Henry convinced Cesc Fabregas to leave Chelsea

Cesc Fabregas has departed Stamford Bridge but his absence is still felt in the team, Chelsea are still caught up between signing Leandro Paredes or Nicolo Barella as his replacement.

However, Fabregas will not be easily forgotten not just at Chelsea but also at Arsenal.

He made the total of 501 appearances for the two clubs and won 6 major trophies throughout his 12 years stay in England.

But the 31 year old made only one start in the EPL under the new coach Maurizio Sarri, which was one of the reasons why he left.

Well, the Spanish midfielder in a recent statement via MetroUk has revealed how AS Monaco manager, Thierry Henry convinced him to move to France.

It is no hidden fact that Henry mentored Fabregas during their time together at Arsenal FC.

However, Fabregas said,

‘We spoke a lot, he explained exactly what he expected of me, and I told him what I could bring.

‘I like the way he thinks, the way he sees football. He is only at the beginning of his career but he is a winner, a true competitor.

‘We are in good hands… I have known Thierry Henry for a very long time, since I was 16.

‘He has helped me a lot in my career, he is one of the best players that I have ever played with, as a central midfielder, it was a privilege to play with a striker of his class.

‘He is at the start of his career as a manager, I am coming to help him but also and above all the club.’

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Chelsea open talks with Juventus for Argentine striker 

Published

on

Chelsea open talks with Juventus for Argentine striker

A new report has disclosed that Chelsea have finally commenced transfer talks with Italian Seria A side, Juventus, for Gonzola Higuian.

The Argentine striker have made his interest known to reunite with his former coach, Maurizio Sarri at the West London club.

Juventus have agreed to allow the striker leave only if the Blues intend to sign him permanently at the end of the season.

The Old Ladies also want the Blues to accept the loan deal terms that were given to AC Milan.

A report has made it known that the Argentina international will not play during the match between his parent club, Juventus and AC Milan in Saudi Arabia.

AC Milan on the hand have agreed to let Gonzola Higuain leave as they are already pushing for a replacement from Genoa.

According to a report, AC Milan have been linked with Krystof Piatek and they want to sign the youngster before letting Gonzola Higuain move to England.

Chelsea are in dire need of a new striker that can score goals if they want to maintain a spot in the top four on the EPL table to qualify for the UEFA Champions League next season.

Continue Reading

Trending

Skip to toolbar